Join our community of friends of typography!

1940s Ad Font

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Francisco de Torquemada

I am trying to identify a font used in a 1948 book about radio. The book contains many ads and a varied selection of fonts used at the time. In particular, the font in the image was used several times with ads that only included text. The particulars about this font are the "t" and the ampersand "&". Any help in identifying the font will be greatly appreciated. 

LdeTorquemada

test.jpg

Francisco de Torquemada

I have just encounter another font in the same publication of 1948, that I can't identify.  It's used as the title of the publication which, by the way, was produced by an ad agency.  Any help is greatly appreciated. PRTEST.jpg.63ac028e567f78aa6b82865a2f171e19.jpg