Typography.Guru
Sign in to follow this  
Julie Beckerdite

answered Script font (grow old along with me)

Julie Beckerdite

I have been searching and searching, and I CANNOT find this font! Please help...thank you!

script.jpg

George Thomas

I believe that is hand lettering, not a font.

Julie Beckerdite

Shucks, I really liked that font...I guess I'll just have to find a different one. Thanks for your help! And now that I know, I'm noticing that some of  the letters aren't the same. Should have looked more closely before...

Kevin Thompson

It may be handpainted, but I doubt it—the typeface appears to be Isabella Script, using some swash alternates.

Gecko

I just set the above text is Isabella Script - it is an exact match. Obviously the sign is hand painted based completely on Isabella Script.

Isabella Script.jpg

• Like 1

Kevin Thompson

I suspect that it was silkscreened onto the wood, then gone over again by hand (the crossbars on the |t|s, among other strokes, are thicker than the typeface’s for instance) to give it the appearance of something hand painted.

• Like 1

Gecko

Correct or simply traced out onto the wood then painted. Isabella Script is a beautiful script with some very nice ligatures and alternatives.