Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Elton John Tumbleweed Connection font?

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

what_larx

Looking for identity of this font from Elton John's 1971 album "Tumbleweed Connection". It was originally a phototypeset font, but I am looking to find a digital version.

Tumbleweed_font.jpg

what_larx

Many thanks - you're right! I was the designer (almost 50 years ago), but it completely slipped my mind until you jolted my memory. Stay safe Riccardo - grazie molto !

• Like 1
Riccardo Sartori
7 hours ago, what_larx said:

I was the designer (almost 50 years ago)

I submitted the album cover at Fonts in Use, please let me know if (and how) you would like to be credited as the designer.

• Like 1
Florian H.

Hello David,

This is Florian, one of the editors of Fonts In Use, a website that documents how typefaces are being used (or have been used in the past).

I’m happy to report that the post about your album art – which Riccardo kindly prepared and submitted – has now been published: https://fontsinuse.com/uses/32030/elton-john-tumbleweed-connection-album-art
It’s a beautiful album!