Join our community of friends of typography!

Looking for the font of this 1927 Italian edition of Divine Comedy

Go to solution Solved by gluk,

Alex_91

Hello,

I'm trying to identify the font used in this edition of Divine Comedy, precisely the edition printed in 1927 by "Sonzogno Editore" in Milano, named  "La Divina Commedia. Illustrata da Gustavo Dorè. A cura di Eugenio Camerini.".

I've used "My fonts" but without satisfactory results. In my opinion the font used is a Didone genre, very similar to some variant of "Bondoni" but the capital "Q" is different. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Divina_Commedia_Sonzogno.jpg

Riccardo Sartori

37 minutes ago, Alex_91 said:

I'll give you the correct mark.

You should.  

I happen to own a reprint of the same book, and unfortunately it doesn’t include a colophon. The book appears to be set in a variety of typefaces and fonts, but, at least for the page you shown, I doubt you will find anything better.

• Like 1