Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Trying to identify the font used to embroider some shirts

RP2012

827561717_Namesamples.thumb.png.ee9e035635caf995626f4aaf9a8edde7.pngI am trying to match a font used to embroider some shirts.  The embroiderer says it is Brush Script, but it does not match any variation of Brush Script that I have or have been able to find.  In particular, the upper case letters are quite different.

I don't have any idea how old the font is.

A free font would be great, but commercial is okay, too.

Gecko

I actually think that the lettering started out as Brush Script, but the embroidering machine has clipped some of the detail from the original font due to limitations of embroidery.

RP2012

Gecko, thank you for your input.  However, the embroidery machine would not change anything.  I spoke to the embroiderer, and I was told that this is simply how the font appears on their computer, and it is called Brush Script.

Ralf Herrmann

I don’t think this will exist outside the embroidery machines. It’s essentially a continuous stroke with a varying width, so the embroidery machine can go left to right and back all the time. That explains some of the awkward features that a type designer creating an outline font just wouldn’t do (I hope). 

• Like 1