Join our community of friends of typography!

What is the type of font used in the LENOVO logo?

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Roger Zajac
3 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

Neither is a straight setting of typeface (logotypes rarely are).

The old logo may have started with, or been inspired by, Univers Extra Black Extended Oblique. Aeoenis, while too new to have anything to do with the original logotype, is also similar (especially for the n).

For the new logo, Montserrat Alternates Bold is quite similar.

Talking about the fonts used in the latest LENOVO logo, I found another type of font that can be used: "pf lindemann sans". Anyway, thank you very much for your answer.

Kevin Thompson

You asked “what type of font are both LENOVO logos,” and I addressed both—as I said above, the new logo is quite similar to Montserrat Alternates Bold.

Neither logo is a straight setting of a typeface—both are custom lettering.

Roger Zajac
4 minutes ago, Kevin Thompson said:

You asked “what type of font are both LENOVO logos,” and I addressed both—as I said above, the new logo is quite similar to Montserrat Alternates Bold.

Neither logo is a straight setting of a typeface—both are custom lettering.

I appreciate you very much because you have been of great help! Thanks and regards.

Kevin Thompson

Sorry, Roger, but there was something about the way you phrased your first response that seemed to indicate you weren’t happy with the answer. I guess I misread it.

• 2 weeks later...