The type specimens of the world in one database …

Title on the sleeve of the Cruising (1980) OST

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Johnny Foreigner

Hi everyone! It's all in the title -- I'm looking for the font on the sleeve of the Cruising (1980) OST.

This looks a lot like Neuzeit Grotesk, but the C is different. Do you think it's just a custom made thing, or a different font?

Screenshot 2020-10-03 at 21.21.31.png

Johnny Foreigner
13 hours ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

Some version of Futura.

Hi Riccardo! Thanks for your input! Futura seems promising, but the N doesn't seem to match with any version.

Any alternative lead? 🙂

Johnny Foreigner
3 hours ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

The pointed vertices of |N| (in)famously disappear between the Medium and Bold weight of almost all versions. Just some samples: Futura Now (Text and Headline), Futura ND (and Alternate, and Next), Futura PT, URW Futura, etc.

Many thanks for pointing this out to me, Riccardo -- I was totally unaware of this. Looks like a case closed then 🙂