Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for a similar font on a Rolex watch

Adahn

Hello.

I'm looking for a font like the one used on a Swiss watch (Rolex?).

I want to use it for the same "SWISS MADE" line, especially the W with the low second strike (term?) and the square M and A are what I like in this font.

swiss_made.jpg

While writing this I've found another picture, so yes, it's from a Rolex watch.

01e0aaf0-90e3-4b73-9f5d-e6ce9f721ebf.jpg

I understand that this is not a font from a digital era but the print was made especially for this application.

Is there still a font in this style with this slightly Russian looking A?

The one on the white watch face is looking better to me, especially the simpler S.

Thanks in advance,

Endre

Riccardo Sartori
5 hours ago, Adahn said:

the W with the low second strike (term?)

Apex.

5 hours ago, Adahn said:

Is there still a font in this style with this slightly Russian looking A?

It turns out there seems to be very few serif fonts with a trapezoidal |A|, except for those medieval-looking or victorian decorative.

But there are a few sans serifs with such features.

The first that comes to mind is Decimal, in fact inspired by watch faces. A more limited alternative could be Abalda.

• Like 2
Adahn
24 minutes ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

Apex.

It turns out there seems to be very few serif fonts with a trapezoidal |A|, except for those medieval-looking or victorian decorative.

But there are a few sans serifs with such features.

The first that comes to mind is Decimal, in fact inspired by watch faces. A more limited alternative could be Abalda.

Thank you, both for the explanation and for the tips.

Right now I'm playing with MS Paint to make it the way I imagined it but I guess with fonts it would be easier 😉

I want to get a leather stamp made from cnc machined brass to get a logo for custom shoes and/or other leatherworks.

As I live in Switzerland I want to have 'SWISS hand MADE' - the 'hand' in cursive handwriting.

If anyone is interested and wants to share their opinion then I could download my sketch.

Cheers

Endre