Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Movie title font (I GOT FIVE ON IT)

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

JoeHwd

I wrote and directed an indie comedy back in 2005 titled I GOT FIVE ON IT. I have never been able to find out from my old distributor who the graphic designer was and nobody can find this particular font anywhere. Believe me, I've been trying because I've since produced two sequels and I've had to copy and paste the title fonts from my original poster art and repaint them, edit them, etc. I really wish I had the original font so I can make new posters and covert art with original clarity and quality. Thanks for any help. I'm attaching the title fonts and the original cover.

I Got Five On It.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.39.15 AM.png

JoeHwd

Thanks for the help. I appreciate your effort greatly. The font definitely looks right, as far as the interlocking goes, how would one go about that? Is it a photoshop process? Would he have stretched the arms on the "T"and "V" suing "transform" or some similar tool? But then how was he able to to outlines, shadows? Thanks again!

Kevin Thompson

Adobe Illustrator would be the best software to use to alter the type. You convert the type to outlines in Illustrator, which then gives you the ability to edit the shapes. Once you have the shapes the way you want them, you can then add the outlines and shadows.

• Like 1