The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Identifying a script font used in a personal essay

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Typography.girl

Around 2015-16, I used a script (handwriting) font in a piece of writing I had to publish for school. I can't seem to find the exact font I used, I would appreciate it if someone helped me find the exact font used here. 

Edit : added another close up 

script.jpg

1610517721413.png

Typography.girl
1 hour ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

This is curious, because the shape of every letter matches those of Dancing Script, but there isn’t the same stroke contrast.

Looking$spaceback,$spacetaking$spacea$sp

True, I posted this in other forums. None of them were able to identify it either 😞

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

Fabfelt Script

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time that a Pablo Impallari font has served as the basis of another typeface without attribution. Someone was marketing a knockoff of Kaushan Script on Creative Market back in 2016 and profiting from it, and I let Mr. Impallari know.

At least this time the derivative typeface is being distributed for free.

• Like 2
  • amusing 1
Typography.girl
On 1/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, Kevin Thompson said:

Fabfelt Script

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time that a Pablo Impallari font has served as the basis of another typeface without attribution. Someone was marketing a knockoff of Kaushan Script on Creative Market back in 2016 and profiting from it, and I let Mr. Impallari know.

At least this time the derivative typeface is being distributed for free.

Thank you so much!