Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Script font instead of Sans appears on several websites

zMajche

Hi all Font Gurus! I'm new here and very pleased to meet y'all! 😊

I'm in desperate need of your help! The script font shown on the images has recently appeared on several websites in the place of sans fonts the websites use. I have WhatFont Chrome extension so I can see what fonts are used on those sites and for three sites it's Sans fonts (Sofia ProExo 2, PT Sans), for other sites I haven't checked.

However, I believe I can fix this by uninstalling this Script font from my computer, but I don't know it's name. It's similar to Edwardian script but it's not it.

This is really annoying especially when I need some information from the website where this script font appears on since it's impossible to read anything - it's quite illegible.

That's why I need your help. If I cannot identify it, I wouldn't be able to fix this issue.

Many thanks in advance!

FONT ŠTO PRAVI SRANJE NA CHROME.jpg

FONT ŠTO PRAVI SRANJE NA CHROME 2.jpg

Ralf Herrmann

It should be Edwardian Script, but using the swash capitals. That’s why you probably thought it’s a different font. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-08 um 13.25.16.png

• Like 1
zMajche

Right! 🤦‍♀️ I realized it's different by swashes but it did not occur to me that it's still the same font. I'm overwhelmed, definitely.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled Edwardian Script but it didn't solve the problem, so that's obviously not the solution I hoped for.

I'll have to think of something else, although I have no idea what that might be since I tried every tip I have found on the internet.

Thanks anyway! 🤗

• 6 months later...
erfansvsh
On 8/10/2021 at 12:47 AM, zMajche said:

Right! 🤦‍♀️ I realized it's different by swashes but it did not occur to me that it's still the same font. I'm overwhelmed, definitely.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled Edwardian Script but it didn't solve the problem, so that's obviously not the solution I hoped for.

I'll have to think of something else, although I have no idea what that might be since I tried every tip I have found on the internet.

Thanks anyway! 🤗

Hi there dear @zMajche

I have the exact same problem as you have.

Unfortunately, only Chrome has faced with this problem and I don't have a problem like this in Firefox or MS Edge on my Windows 10 PC.

It's just so weird that certain websites are shown in "Edwardian Scr Alt ITC TT" font for me.

Please let me know when you find a solution.

It worth to mention that I've deleted the "Edwardian" font from my PC in this location: Windows/Fonts

Because Chrome says that it's a "Local File" font.

But still with no luck...

image.thumb.png.50021ed888b22f4ce9315adb21e9aa23.png

• very interesting! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
TangoBunny

Oh gosh, after weeks of trying to figure this out, I've finally solved it on my PC - Had to register to this site just to let everyone else know!

The script font that kept popping up looked exactly like "Edwardian Script" but it seems it was actually a different font - most likely "Easy Street EPS" causing the problems. Thus, I recommend deleting Easy Street EPS from all of your font folders, restarting your PC, and hoping things fix themselves!

Just in case the above specific step doesn't work, here's the steps I took right before restarting and seeing the fix, because I was at the point of trying everything I could in bulk just to hope something worked:

- Deleted all fonts with "Edwardian Scr" in their name
- Deleted all files named "ITCEDSCR.TTF" (Office 2006 was hiding this one...)
- Deleted the following impossible-to-read fonts:

1. Amienne Ligatures
  2. Bakerscript
  3. Easy Street EPS
  4. League Script
  5. Itzapfino Ligature
  6. Missiva
  7. P22DearestScript
  8. Scriptina

...but, like I said before, I'm almost certain Easy Street EPS was the problem fault.  Going crazy over Edwardian Script fonts was a red herring, it was that pesky Easy Street font all along!

• Like 1
  • very interesting! 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi, just made an account to thank you guys for finding the right font to delete, and also to subscribe to the topic in case someone actually finds the origin of this issue, to avoid cutting the problem from further than necessary