Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Looking for the font used for the headings of this 1994 textbook (Rómaveldi)

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Thorir.Jo

It's a textbook on Roman history, aptly titled 'Rómaveldi'. The book has basically no information on itself, excepting the name of the school and the date, not even an author.

Published in 1994 by 'Menntaskólinn í Reykjavík' in Iceland.

I'm looking for the font used in the headings, preferably a digital version.

A collage of various headings throughout the bookPage 1 of the book

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

Rather than a traditional outline font, it appears to be a two-line vector font akin those created for CAD/plotter/engraving (especially noticeable because of the gap in the leg of |R|).

Specifically it looks like it belongs to the Hershey family of fonts. Unfortunately, the only condensed style I could find in outline format uses a thick stroke that obscures the details.

As for alternatives, the font could be classified as a Scotch, but, while there are many typefaces available in the genre, not many seem to offer extralight extracondensed styles.

The best I could find, albeit not condensed enough, is probably 21 Cent: