The type specimens of the world in one database …

Looking to have a font identified (Maranatha Christian Academy)

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

kgroves

Hey all,

I am looking to have the font used by Maranatha Christian Academy in their logo identified. You can find it on the top left of their homepage (scroll down on the webpage to see the uploaded configuration as it changes from their default to the attached one - top left). I'm not sure if it is an actual font or not as I have found several that are very close, but the "t" in the image is never correct. 

Looking for the name of the font, a place to download it from (if possible), and I would appreciate a free version (if possible). I would be open to buying it myself if it was created for sale. Thanks all!

Friend

logo-orange@2x.png

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

Very similar to Electrolux Sans, but that is a custom typeface.

I wouldn't assume that your sample is a straight setting of a typeface—most professionally designed logotypes are custom, to greater or lesser degrees.

It is likely that the t was customized (left extended crossbar lopped off), for a better fit with the letter a. Unfortunately, the other letters are so generic that they could be any number of typefaces.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
kgroves

Hey eduardb,

I think your solution is actually a little closer to the correct font with how the "t" appears! Thanks!