Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

1977 - 1979 Seattle Mariners Logo font

Go to solution Solved by mshiremanNK,

The Bend Garage

Trying to identify the font used in the original Seattle Mariners logo from 1977 to 1979 - realizing that the trident M was a graphic creation but want to know what the font is for the other letters in the words Seattle and Mariners

image001.png

The Bend Garage

Yes that ITC Serif Gothic is very close but the lower case e is different and my client likes that e in the Mariners logo - thanks for the reply, much appreciated

mshiremanNK

A little more research indicates that it is indeed ITC Serif Gothic, but that many of the alternate characters included in the original typeface were never digitized and included in any of the digital font versions (see right hand section of the image for the tilted "e"). 

image.png.fa772447507db5ea4ce82ce6d8663aa0.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
The Bend Garage

thanks for the follow up...I was looking for that font for a friend who used it to create a logo for his softball team and they really liked that font used in the original Seattle Mariners logo m- I haven' t seen the final product yet, and he is an architect who thinks he is a graphic designer so we will see what happens!!