The type specimens of the world in one database …

Font Bleeding

jdadwilson

New to the community. Not sure this is the right place to ask my question... but here goes.

BleedingText.jpg.669b0fcb899758f4b6d5e8eb29b0a93b.jpg

Notice is the above image there is a white area around the letters. I'm using two Google fonts, Roboto & Tinos. With a light background of course it looks just fine. But with a dark background the white shows.

Any thoughts as to the cause of the problem?

TIA for any assistance.

jdadwilson

Ralf Herrmann

It’s hard to judge the image because of the JPG artefacts. I can’t say I clearly see any white. I would rather expect it to be the results of how the specific app/operating system and monitor work together. Have you tried to view it on different devices? 

jdadwilson

Agree about the image. I think a link to the web site would be better but some people are a little paranoid about links. How about...

WorldWideWeb dot MS Holmes dot org slash cemeteries

Look at the red text in the box and the text in the stripped table.

Riccardo Sartori

No white around the letters for me, even on the website. I checked with every browser I have on my Mac. Tomorrow I could check on Windows.

• 2 weeks later...
jdadwilson

I check with the following browsers... Wave, Opera, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, & Brave. All have the bleeding. Here is a partial screenshot.

I'm running Windows 11 on a HP [12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz] with Vizio 24" monitor.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 184311.jpg

• 2 months later...