Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Just need the font name. I don’t need the font itself. (Track Topics" by W G Chapman)

JYMIX_TYPE

I am in search of the name of this font for my Dad. 

The font itself I have never seen before, but my father tells me he found it in a book from 1935 called "Track Topics" by W G Chapman and published by David and Charles, printed by Redwood Burn Ltd.

No mention of the typeface inside the book notes.

The interesting thing about this font which makes it stand out, is the 'st' and 'ct' are connected, which we believe the be called 'font bleed'?

Any information from anyone about the font name, greatly appreciated. Thank You. 

image_67212033_EDIT.thumb.png.ba8bc62adbc23196943cbadd797947a8.png

MissNobody

These are just ligatures of 'st' and 'ct'. It's even defined in Unicode (st) many fonts can have them. I wasn't able to exactly match the font, there are just too many of these, to be sure. I find the 'a' most distinctive, but I wasn't able to find a match in the multitude of similar fonts. It's always harder with a printed material.

Les

I think it looks like 'Monotype Plantin' though I can't find a digital version that has those 'discretionary ligatures'

• very interesting! 1