Join our community of friends of typography!

I'm looking for a font similar to my signature.

Joshua Peter Sinclair

I've worked on this signature for a while and have been looking for a font similar to it's heavy lines and beveled points. I'm not looking for a 1 to 1 but a similar font for the titles (and maybe the body) of my web pages. No rush but if you know of similar fonts, I'd be so happy.

R64 pure vector v3.png

• 1 month later...
Ralf Herrmann
On 21.10.2017 at 10:03 PM, Joshua Peter Sinclair said:

I'm not looking for a 1 to 1 but a similar font for the titles (and maybe the body) of my web pages. 

Doesn’t look like a design suitable for running text. Maybe rather try to contrast this design with a clean font?

• Like 1
Joshua Peter Sinclair
9 hours ago, Ralf Herrmann said:

Doesn’t look like a design suitable for running text. Maybe rather try to contrast this design with a clean font?

I already have a clean font for the body and only plan to use the font I'm looking for in titles more than anything. The signature was also designed to be slightly italic so it doesn't need to be as slanted.

Like I said, I'm not looking for a 1 to 1 but a font similar to the taper ends and brush-like movement style I used. If I have to design it from scratch, I eventually could. But with so many fonts out there, I wanted to ask experts if it a similar font already existed.

George Thomas

I think you went about this backwards. I would have found a font I liked, then made a signature as a variation on that theme. As it is, it's like buying some tires then scouting around for a car they will fit.

At any rate, look at the offerings in the Script > Brush section of dafont.com. They have a lot of fonts and you may just find something that will work -- and you may end up modifying your signature to match.

This one, for example, might work: https://www.dafont.com/speeding-brush.font?text=AR+64 , but look at everything.

• Like 1
Joshua Peter Sinclair
On 11/22/2017 at 8:26 PM, George Thomas said:

I think you went about this backwards. I would have found a font I liked, then made a signature as a variation on that theme. As it is, it's like buying some tires then scouting around for a car they will fit.

At any rate, look at the offerings in the Script > Brush section of dafont.com. They have a lot of fonts and you may just find something that will work -- and you may end up modifying your signature to match.

This one, for example, might work: https://www.dafont.com/speeding-brush.font?text=AR+64 , but look at everything.

I've looked through many 'brush' sections on font sites and never had much luck. However, the 'AR 64' you found is really close. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Edit] I never knew dafont had such a nice selection. I'm finding many that get pretty close to what I'm looking for, like 'Quick Menu Board', 'Dead Stock', and 'A Quiet Sleep'. But the closest from looking at the whole Brush section was 'Asylum Mansion'.

I'll keep the post open if anyone has any better suggestions, but I'll call this thread soft-closed. Thanks for the help.