The type specimens of the world in one database …

Can anyone identify this? (Alvaros Restaurant)

Kevin Thompson

The smaller type and the photo display similar, but not identical typefaces. I've had no luck finding either.

I suspect the sign is custom, but perhaps based on Pretorian, and the smaller type appears to be hand lettered.

• Like 1
Gecko

Ed F I support Kevin Thompson go with Pretorian it was obviously a close match in someones head when they produced the sign - maybe a slip of the sign makers equipment or some other anomaly. Trouble these days is everyone out there can access software like Fontographer or FontLab and create there own frankenstein fonts or bastardise someone else masterpiece. This current world is awash with millions of different peoples interpretations of such and such a font. Personally I think Praetorian would look better anyway.