Join our community of friends of typography!

Looking for fonts from the book S, M, L, XL by Rem Koolhaas and Bruce Mau

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Mick9

Can somebody help me identify the fonts on the images? 

These are pages from the book S, M, L, XL by Rem Koolhaas and Bruce Mau, 1995.

I know nothing about typography but I guess the font in the images are of three different families: the ones of images 1-2, the ones of images 3-4-5 and the ones of image 6.

I was thinking of Akzidenz Grotesk as a font similar to the one of pages 3-4-5, am I wrong?

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Riccardo Sartori
1 hour ago, Mick9 said:

Is image 5 Grotesque MT too?

The small text almost surely, down to the heavy capitals and incongruously narrow numerals. As for “Dutch Section”, the ascender of |t| doesn’t match Monotype Grotesque or lighter weights of Franklin Gothic either, at least in the digital cuts I could find (also, the joint between curve and stem in |u|h|n| seems a bit steeper).

Similar, but not exactly, to some of the innumerable versions of Akzidenz-Grotesk: