Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

USAF numbering on an F-15 from Langley AFB

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Bullseye

This is driving me up the wall...it seems like it's a generic font, but I absolutely cannot find it anywhere, and these are the best pictures I have of it. The USAF bought a bunch of stencil plotters in the mid 80s that came stocked with various typefaces. Most of them had commercial equivalents...Bookman, Brush Script, Amarillo etc. I've never seen this one on any other USAF jet, ever. This is all from 1990-1991, but it goes back to at least the mid 80s.  The lettering for the other areas like crew names is Bookman Bold...but the numbers aren't that.

Any help appreciated it!

New CorelDRAW X7 Graphic (3).jpg

Bullseye

Hi Riccardo,

Forgive my denseness, but I'm not seeing that style available at the link you provided? I have to be missing something....

Capture.JPG

Riccardo Sartori

You are right, it’s not very clear: you can see the glyphs in question following my second link, that, confusingly enough, I found as an option looking for the glyph table of ITC Bookman Demi Bold.

I think you should probably contact MyFonts’ customer service before purchasing the font in order to be sure to obtain the right one.