The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Very poor quality image. Help. (Millers Music Centre)

Go to solution Solved by George Thomas,

Rick

Millers Music Centre - Cambridge, England, UK

https://www.millersmusic.co.uk/

Is the 'illers' an actual font, a font that has been altered or hand (mouse/tablet) drawn?

The font for 'MUSIC CENTRE' which i thought was Myriad Pro (close but no cigar).

Really bugging me this one. They can't supply me with anything remotely useable and the logo on the website is different to the uploaded picture. The uploaded picture is the logo version they want. Its going on an engraved plaque made from engraving laminate which i'm only getting £32.00 + vat for. Not worth doing really but they do send me a bit of work.

Help.

MillersMusicCentre.jpg

JAW

I did a Google image search from your image and found this version of the logo in the intro to a youtube video, and made a screen shot, which is at least a little higher res than what you have. If you're handy in Photoshop, you might be able to res it up and sharpen it to get the word Millers and the piano graphic out of it. I would reset Music Center with real type. Gotham Medium might be similar enough.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 2.07.49 PM.png

Gecko

Rick download the eps file it is completely editable, I used Avant Garde for MUSIC CENTRE, but I agree with JAW Gotham would be a far more exact fit.

Rick

Wow! That is perfect, thankyou!!!! I use Coreldraw mainly but i am fairly decent on illustrator and indesign. My photoshop skills are not the best though. My best effort is attached (coreldraw) but not a patch on yours. Thanks a lot. I will try jaw gotham.

I am new to the forum, everyone has been helpful (especially you) and very friendly. I am from the UK (aged 41) with 24 years experience in the sign industry working for/with my dad in a very small sign company. Engraving/laser engraving/vinyl plotting and wide (1400mm) format printing. Great forum, thanks again!!!

MillersMusicCentre.jpg

Rick

I thought i would share a tip (but i'm sure you probably already know) Brands of the World is usually my first point of call which everybody knows about. But downloadable pdf documents from the internet are a great source of vector quality logos. If a company has uploaded pdf documents to the web they have almost always been put together by a graphic designer beforehand and they almost certainly haven't thrown a jpeg version of the logo on there. It has helped me out on loads of occasions. Because we are a small sign company we are very rarely supplied with decent artwork.

Gecko

Rick I was actually born just outside Leeds in Cleckheaton. Worked for ad agencies in Bradford, way back when, The Yorkshire Post and the Telegraph and Argus, way back in the good old days when typefaces were set in lead or rub on transfers from Letraset. Glad to be of help.

Rick

Gecko, it's a small world! It says Leeds on my profile but i'm from Mirfield and our sign company was originally in Staincliffe (near the hospital) and about 10 years we moved to Heckmondwike.

Thanks again.

Gecko

There you go I was born in staincliffe hospital, a couple of years after the war ended. Small world but I would hate to have to clean it.