Join our community of friends of typography!

Alternative fonts of Sergio Bonelli's comic book font

Beaver

Hello,
I've been looking for a similar, alternative font of the one used for lettering in Sergio Bonelli's comic books. I've contacted with the font's creator for information. However, only to be acknowledged of that it's a copyrighted font for only created for Sergio Bonelli Editorie, so it's not up to sell/buy. So, I look for a similar, alternative one. This font attracts my eyes with it's thin and proportioned letters. It's a big plus that the letters are slim and yet easily readable and also, there's no crossbar on the capital letter "I". I'm open to any kind of suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Regards.

P.S. I've already tried with font identifier search engines (FontSquirrel, FontSpring, MyFonts) but most of the suggested fonts are thick and wide spaced.

200.jpg

JAW

Yes, that's a nice handwritten looking font. I especially like the strong difference in weight between the regular and the bold italic.

Have you checked out the Dialog Fonts section at blambot.com?

At a glance, I don’t see anything there that’s exactly what you’re looking for, and the following suggestions probably don’t meet your criteria, but perhaps you would like to take a look at Blambot's Digital Strip, Digital Strip 2, Anime Ace 2, or Back Issues (all free-ish); or Blambot Classic or Might Makes Right (both licensed).

Best of luck.

Beaver

JAW,
That's indeed nice handwriting font, you're right about the difference weights.

I've checked Blambot's fonts before. I've taken your suggestions into consideration and tried them. As you can see on the picture attached, some of the fonts don't work with bolding letters. However, I think Blambot's "Digital Strip 2" font seems close enough to work for me.

I would like to thank you for guiding me.

Best regards.

Font Tryouts.jpg