Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Looking for the stunning font Device uses in their packaging Design of Method+Standard

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

flora123

Hi dear community,

one of my favorite Design Studios is Device and i really love their unique packaging design of Method + Standard 

http://www.wearedevice.com/methodandstandard

I was looking for quite a long time for the Method-Font but i couldn't figure out...  The Elise Fill otf (400) is quite similar, but that's not enough... 

Could anyone please give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

F

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-19 um 21.18.00.png

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

Click the link you posted, and scroll down to where they list the typefaces.

The names would suggest they are custom typefaces created for the brand, called Method Gothic (the sans) and Standard Roman (the serif), but they sure look like Gotham and Craw Modern to me.

Madison Antiqua appears to be what they are calling Mthdstnd Italic.

• Like 1
  • wink 1
flora123

I assumed it... thanks a lot for your quick response and for the other font recommendations! They will look great in my project ;) All the best!

Kevin Thompson

I guess I wasn’t clear enough—the typefaces ARE Gotham, Craw Modern, and Madison Antiqua. I was trying to get across that I found it pretentious of Device to suggest they were custom faces created for this project.

It’s a pet peeve of mine—designers or design firms who wax poetic about all the research they did to come up with some branding only to use an off-the-shelf typeface (albeit very good ones) and not credit them properly.

• wink 1