The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Font ID for Diploma

CocoG

Hi there,

Wanting to match business logo with diploma.  I've tried the "font finder" programs as well as exhausting my resources with UPENN to try and figure it out.

Thanks is advance!!

UPennd.jpg

Gecko

Coco this is far too small to identify anything with any accuracy. Best if you post again with a closer look at the details.

Ralf Herrmann

I didn’t say I gave you the exact font styles. I linked a few easily available fonts, since you claimed you wanted to create a business logo in that style. 

If you want better help, you need to describe more clearly what you want to do. Which would be a good idea anyway, since your request has already raised suspicion among other users. 

And I have no idea when they started to use these fonts. Why should I? If you know, that too would be something you should list when making your request according to our rules. 

CocoG

Wow...if I wanted a fake diploma, I could buy one online.  Your response is inappropriately rude.

It was just a question - In Germany I'm sure it isn't common knowledge that Ivy League schools were mostly founded in the 1700s.  UPenn 39 years after Yale, which is where my diploma is from.  Yale in 1701 and UPenn in 1740.

Ralf Herrmann
12 hours ago, CocoG said:

Your response is inappropriately rude.

How so? Which part? Serious question. I did not claim or suggest you were trying to fake something. I merely pointed out the fact that others told me they considered the post suspicious. Pointing out a fact is rude? Asking you to provide more details—as required by our forum rules—is rude or inappropriate? Or what is it? 

In Germany I'm sure it isn't common knowledge that Ivy League schools were mostly founded in the 1700s. 

Correct. Not sure why you mention that though. The above image showing a Master of Computer and Information Technology isn’t from the 1700s obviously. 

• amusing 1