Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Adidas shirt font?

Go to solution Solved by Ralf Herrmann,

Andrew Montford

Newbie hereabouts. I'm trying to identify the font in the attached pic. It was printed on some team shirts for us a couple of years ago, and we haven't been able to get in contact with the guys who did the original printing to get some more done. We are therefore going elsewhere, but want to get an exact match.  Someone thought it might be a custom font for Adidas, but it's all a bit vague.

Suggestions for close matches would be a good second best.

DSC_0004.JPG

• Solution
Ralf Herrmann
17 minutes ago, Andrew Montford said:

Someone thought it might be a custom font for Adidas …

Yes, they always are. They specifically have new ones created all the time for the competitive advantage. 

Gecko

Andrew as already noted, Bruno Sellés provided me with the answer back in January. Checkout Brainiac and Riccardo's reply. 

Hi Gecko, this is a variation of the font we designed in 2013 for Futbol Club Barcelona and Nike for the football team jerseys. Here you can see the original design: http://portfolio.vasava.es/nike-fc-barcelona-custom-typeface-2013

It is not available commercially as it was an exclusive design, although you can find a lot of counterfeit versions across the web.

Gecko

This is where I found a free look alike version. I hope this doesn't violate anyones copywrite sensitivities, my apologies in advance if it does, please admin adivise.

5ab9b4dd9bc85_ScreenShot2018-03-27at10_03_54.jpg.f92750cb161cfb473d699ccd3cc63e01.jpg