Typography.Guru
ameyer1570

Kurrent Church Record

ameyer1570

Hello,

I am translating/transcribing a church register from mid-1700's Pennsylvania, USA. Within it are small scraps of paper with additional baptisms not listed in the book. The Kurrent handwriting in the book is fairly decent and readable, but the scraps are not! I believe this scrap is talking about the baptism of a child, Johann Joerg Hetrich, son of Henrich Christer (Christopher?) and Elisabaeta Hetrich. I am unable to read the top line and am also curious about the bottom two lines that are to the far right. Any help would be appreciated. I can read German, so it doesn't need to be translated. Thank you very much!

IMG_20171216_103452737.jpg

Ralf Herrmann

A translation snippet from our German site: “... sind willens sich zum Stand der Ehe zu begeben als da sind Henrich Christer [.] Mit [...] Eliesbäta Hetrich ...”

I am tagging @Florian H. – he is good at reading Kurrent. 

Florian H.

Adding to Norbert’s good start:

Dieße … sind willens sich zum Stand
der Ehe zu begeben als da sind Henrich Christer
Mit J… Eliesbäta Hetrichin des
Johann Järg Hetrich Eligetoch[t]er [eheliche Tochter]
den Dinßdag
über auf [?] Tage

• Like 1

ameyer1570

Vielen Dank! Thank you very much for your help! If I find anything else I can't read, should I post it on the German forum instead of here?

Florian H.

On second look, I’m confident that the last line reads “über ach[t] Tage”, which is an archaic way of saying “in a week's time”. So, Henrich Christer and Eliesbäta Hetrichin, legitimate daughter of Johann Järg Hetrich, will get married Tuesday next week.

I don’t visit the forums on a regular base, but feel free to ping me like Ralf did.

ameyer1570

Vielen Dank, Florian! I appreciate your help.