The type specimens of the world in one database …

Looking for the Font on a 1982 Vectrex Videogame Box

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Nic Lobo

Hi. I'm looking for the font in "VIDEO UNTERHALTUNGS-SYSTEM". Help to identify would be really great.

Name of the font would be enough.

as its from the 80s it will be an older font (its not Helvetica, Avantgarde or Gotham)

eurobox.jpg

Nic Lobo
13 hours ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

Thank you Riccardo - Granby seems to fit.
Been searching a free Ganby font that fits, but no success.

The best I found so far without paying money (its for personal use) is Gill Sans MT Bold.

any suggestions?

Riccardo Sartori

Granby has its quirks, and, despite being widely used for some time,* it was far less influential than its "relative" Gill Sans.

So similar free typefaces are far more likely inspired by the latter (and its quirks) than by Granby.

That said, at least a couple of them don't have a Gill Sans |R|: Amiko and Cabin.

• Like 2
Nic Lobo
10 hours ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

That London Tube typeface

Thank you, that was the hint I needed. I've found the "Keep Calm and Carry On" free font which is really close.

• Like 1