Join our community of friends of typography!

Old Ford F100 Font

Matt1101

Good evening, I am trying to figure out the italicized font on this Ford F100 badge. Unfortunately I only have a small sample size.

This was released on Ford f100's approximately from the years of 1967 to about 1972. I've been able to find similar fonts but unfortunately no exact match.

I am good with a commercial version or a free version of this entire font family if possible.

Also, to see a high resolution version of the actual badge you can view it here:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ford-trucks.com-vbulletin/486x129/80-20140814_172723_zpsdmmihtcm_f827c9364612bbe78da4a0948c2f959421b19522.jpg

350.png

Riccardo Sartori

This kind of badge is a form of lettering, not a typeface.

Also, you do realise that the two samples you provide are very different?

Matt1101

Thank you for your response. I was hoping that these weren’t the work of a sign painter and were an actual font. :(

I unfortunately may have to redraw them. Double :( :(

If anyone knows different please chime in to let me know.

In the 2 samples I provided the letterforms are approximately the same. One is just a low res version of the other I tried to use inside of the font recognition software programs. The basic letterforms are the same though. Again I am referring to the numbers only.

Thanks!

Matt1101

Wow, you are right I just noticed the difference in the “3’s”. Weird thing is the low res one came off an official Ford manual from the 1967 version of that truck.

Here are some more samples:

Google Images

Edited by Matt1101
Spelling
Gecko

The link I sent is in response to the "ford truck link" you posted and not the low-res first image. I totally agree with Riccardo they are two totally different fonts.