Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Using the same font for your logo and a site/print copy?

Frasse

Hi guys!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. I am currently making a site+logo for a company, and after a lot of thinking I am considering using the same font (family) for both the site and logo. Is this a good or bad idea? I am using Helvetica Neue, so there is a lot of room for variations. Thanks in advance. 

Riccardo Sartori

I will leave to others commenting on the overuse of Helvetica.

The only advice I can offer is to give some unique type treatment to the logo, that is never used in text, titles, headings, etc.

Ralf Herrmann

It’s neither right nor wrong. It all depends on what you want to achieve in terms of style, hierarchy and so on. 

P.S. The name of the typeface is Neue Helvetica. 😉 Helvetica Neue is a work-around to make the typeface appear where people expect it in the menu. 

Greg Yerbury

In my opinion Helvetica in all its forms is way overused. I would if possible think about  using something different.