Join our community of friends of typography!

Looking for a similar font to the one on this old corner shop - possibly from 1960/1970

RawDesign

I have been asked to design something using the font on this sign (or similar).  

I'm looking for the closest font possible (commercial fonts are fine) 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

IMG_5077-710x894.jpg

Kevin Thompson

A bit like Cooper/Cooper Black, and an R like Figgins Brute. Any chance that this sign has been repainted over and over, and it started out as some form of Clarendon?

RawDesign

Thanks Kevin, 

Yes, it's possible it's been painted over and over again and started out as a Clarendon. 

The R and the T were the letters that got me stuck. They sort of seem to balloon/thicken in places. 

Ignacio

Freehouse is a good one. I have been looking after this one for a while becouse I thought I had seen it somewhere, but not luck.

Not very close and a little more straight, but Oxtail Black with that R  could be a “modern” alternative, or not 🙂