Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Name of this Gentleman's Race poster

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Salvador Coronas

Hi,

I'm looking for the name of the font used for the word "Gentleman's" or something similar. I was thinking Franklin Gothic or Trade Gothic, but the G and M are different.  

I saw this over DesignInspiration. It seems to be a poster about a bicycle race. I tried to follow up on the website provided there to get more info, but it sent me to a Japanese site. So no luck there. 😞

Thanks for your help!

--

Salvador

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-19 a la(s) 19.19.21.png

Ralf Herrmann

I can’t see how Gill Sans is a match. My first guess was Gotham, but the letterforms in this specific word are so generic, there are sooo many fonts that can be used as an alternative.  

Ralf Herrmann

But look at the top of the G – not a match. Look at the spine of the S – not a match. 
The apostrophe is a further hint. It’s rather unlikely that it was swapped. Rather it points to the idea, that a different typeface with a matching apostrophe was being used. 

Gecko

Salvador asked for something similar: "I'm looking for the name of the font used for the word "Gentleman's" or something similar". But I agree Gotham is certainly closer.

• Like 1
Salvador Coronas

Both are great! Thank you.

As far as the resemblance of the letterforms, I can see it way clearer in Gotham Extra Narrow, but I think the height of Gill Sans Bold Condensed is what I'd go with. I'll use them both as a reference point. 

Thanks again for your help. 🙂