Join our community of friends of typography!

Identification of font used for Steamboat Landing Eatery

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Moore Tees

I recently was asked by the owner of the Steamboat Landing eatery in the Sacramento Delta to recreate the text from their logo for their shirt designs.  Unfortunately, the current manager is not able to locate any previous electronic files that include the text.  I'm hoping someone can help me identify the font (or something very close) for the text "Steamboat & Landing."

Many advanced thanks!

http://thesteamboatlanding.com

Attachment-1.png

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

A bit suspicious that they can’t provide an electronic file, given that a variation of it appears on their menu. Surely they could put you in contact with the original designer?

It’s Black No. 7. The drop shadow and arc effect are custom additions.

Moore Tees

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I agree about them probably being able to put me in touch with the original designer. I stopped in to have lunch and I was wearing a sweatshirt I designed for the Northern California - Paradise, CA Camp Fire, and one of the staff complimented it. I mentioned that I made it and owned a local T-shirt company. She mentioned that they were looking for someone to do shirts for them and then ran and got the manager. Apparently the manager was new and said she wasn’t able to locate the original design. Maybe a little more pressure on my end to see if she can put me in touch with the original designer will work.

At any rate, I really appreciate your feedback and so happy to have stumbled across the forum.

Kind Regards,

Bill Moore, Owner

Moore Tees