Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Chancery italic font from Yale Law Library Collection book

Parangon

Hello,

I have looked everywhere (identifont, myfonts, Luc Devroye's encyclopedia, etc.) and used multiple font identification tools to find this beautiful chancery typeface but to no avail.

It is close to Poetica, Chicory, Arno Italic... but still different.

It is used on the attached poster.

I would be most grateful if someone could help me.

Thank you for your time.

35798564393_f717b77e73_k.jpg

35798564393_5ab8336918_o copy.jpg

Ralf Herrmann

Who made that poster? When was that poster made? Where did you get the image from? … The more we know, the easier it is to solve such requests. 

Kevin Thompson

The exhibit dates from 2017, and the poster seems to have been created by the folks at The Grolier Club.

The rest of the type on the poster is Centaur, and the more calligraphic headline bears a resemblance to Centaur Italic, but I am not finding it anywhere.

Parangon

Hello Ralf,

I don't know who made the poster (possibly Jerry Kelly from the Grolier Club). The exhibition lasted from September to November 2017. I got the image from flickr but it is also available on the Grolier Club website.