Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Arenzano, 1927 Italian Travel Poster Font Identity?

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

mdiri931

Hello, 

After a long and fruitless day of research I have decided to seek guidance here! I would love to use the title font from this beautiful travel poster in a commercial project, but am uncertain whether I can find the specific font digitally available or whether I might need to hire a typographer to recreate it. If anyone could point me in a helpful direction, or, better still, identify the font, I would hugely appreciate it! The poster is by Aurelio Craffonara, published in 1927. I'm looking to recreate the yellow font used for the name "Arenzano". Close similarities to other fonts could also prove helpful.

Manny thanks! d29fe6ca26b273756392a1b6508080d0.thumb.jpg.c0a522f0432f37b063702d43f08de88a.jpg

IMG_20190209_182749.jpg

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

The entire poster was hand drawn, including the type.

Not finding anything close in a digital typeface; you’ll need to hire someone to recreate it.

mdiri931

Thank you for the prompt reply! Might you recommend somewhere I could hire an experienced typographer for this job?

17 hours ago, Kevin Thompson said:

The entire poster was hand drawn, including the type.

Not finding anything close in a digital typeface; you’ll need to hire someone to recreate it.

Gecko

mdiri - I have produced lots of custom typefaces over the years for blue chip clients in Australia and south east asia. Are you looking to get the entire typeface upper and lower case with punctuation or only the uppercase as seen in the poster, i.e. 26 glyphs?

• 2 weeks later...
Greg Yerbury

Thanks, but I have no idea what I would use if for as I just do some design work as a hobby for a few charities but it is shame mdiri931 didn't get back.