Typography.Guru
Gecko

The Design of Tiffany Heavy Swash

Gecko

Does anyone on this forum please know of a good digital version of Tiffany Heavy Swash. I have searched for one for years with no luck. I am aware of the font created by Nick Fonts called Emfatick (not even close). Also Cabernet Swash (again not even close). Finally I heard that Daylight Fonts were working on a digital version, but that was way back in 2014. So far nothing and it was such a lovely piece of design, Ed Benguat was probably the originator, but I saw Herb Lubalin do wonderful things with it. So I'd love to find it, failing that I will have to create myself from the images I have collected over the years) just trying to save myself a lot of work and eye strain). 

975902672_TiffanyHeavySwash.thumb.jpg.1cb08fe0eeb045228fbd7ce6831d8aa5.jpg

Greg Yerbury

Cabernet Regular might be something like it.

(Ok should have read your entire post by bad)

Gecko

Greg Cabernet is not even close, it's more like a Caslon.

Gecko

But thanks for trying.

Florian H.

Alan Prescott made a digitization as Tiffany Swash Heavy in 1995. I don’t know if it’s available for licensing, but you could try asking, he’s on Facebook.

Gecko

Florian thank you so much for directing me to Alan Prescott, he has some magnificent work, I sent him a message on facebook and am waiting for his reply. Exciting stuff.

Gecko

Florian - Alan Prescott got in touch with me, he has a version he did back 30 years ago which unfortunately doesn't have a full range of swashes, back then it was CompuGraphic. He's a great guy and has done some amazing work. He's going to explore the idea of revitalising the project. Lets see what happens.

• Like 1