Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for this Mercury motor decal font

XGraphix

Hi all,

I'm trying to determine which font was used for the lettering on this Mercury outboard motor decal. The boat was made in the late 90's. If it was just the word "Mercury" I might think it was customized text, but the line below it is the same style ("Electronic Fuel Injection"). It has similarities to Eurostile, Hemi Head, Dodger and Otomo. None are quite right though. I'm including a clearer picture of a reproduction decal made for a different boat from the same era. I've tried cropping it and using it for the online font identifiers with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

unsaved.jpg

k-mercury-1994-1998-250-hp-offshore-decal-set.png

test.jpg

Riccardo Sartori

I doubt you will find an exact digital match. It was a style very popular among car makers and sci-fi movie posters alike (the most influential original design being perhaps China), but I think this particular variation is a proprietary typeface based on the original logo.