The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Anastasia movie font

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Kat C

I'm trying to identify the font(s?) from the logo of the movie Anastasia, by 20th century fox in 1997.  I got the picture from Deviantart, which I am sure is nothing more than a screenshot from the movie.  I am open to finding similar fonts if the exact font can not be identified.

I appreciate any and all help with this!

703423.thumb.jpg.94e3aa7b6e989128c692847caa038d0e.jpg

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

What Kevin said (other than the Disney part 😉).

Depending on the tools at your disposal, your skills, and more importantly, what you want or need to achieve, you could recreate something in the same vein using a Roman serif typeface that offers enough similar alternate and swashed letters, such as Bookmania or Monstice (or perhaps even Cinzel+Cinzel Decorative).

Something suitable could perhaps also be found in places like Letterhead Fonts or Creative Market.

• Like 1
Kat C

Thank you both.  I was afraid of that. (And thank you Ricardo for also knowing it isn't Disney)

Kevin Thompson

My mistake. Don Bluth, the director of Anastasia, used to work for Disney, hence my confusion....