Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Lost Track of this Font with Slashes

Janone

About a year ago I found a font, I believe on Myfonts, but then lost it. The font consisted mostly of slashes, some small, some large. I think there were varying curvatures. There were probably other strokes but I mostly remember the slashes. There were no alphabet letters in it at all. I'm desperate to find it again and feel foolish for not having noted the name.

Ralf Herrmann
2 hours ago, Janone said:

The font consisted mostly of slashes, some small, some large.

I’m not really sure what that means. Maybe you can sketch a letter?

Janone

Thank you for responding to my post. The problem with sketching a letter is that there were no letters. Everything was slashes (some curving, some straight) and lines. I've wondered if it was the "shadow" form of a font, but can't find one that fits because I can always see the form of the letters. There were no letters! Everything was slashes, somewhat curved lines and other lines. I am so perturbed with myself for not noting down the name of it. Regards.

Janone

Thank you for responding to my post. If I had to describe what I saw with words, many of the contents of the font were apostrophes of  various sizes, forward and backward slashes similar to those used in URL addresses and possibly some near semicircles. Given the nature of how the website of MyFonts is set up, each font is in a family. Within the family using one name there are grouped other "fonts" with more specific uses. One might be thin or another light, another exclusively capitals, another might be a looser more flowing version, another might be the same font but with shadows. I believe that what I found may possibly be one of these "additional fonts" within a family. But, when you selected "Glyphs" nothing was a letter, everything was a "line" of some form. I just wish I'd written it down on that day! Thank you.

Janone

If I had to describe what I saw with words, many of the contents of the font were apostrophes of  various sizes, forward and backward slashes similar to those used in URL addresses and possibly some near semicircles. Given the nature of how the website of MyFonts is set up, each font is in a family. Within the family using one name there are grouped other "fonts" with more specific uses. One might be thin or another light, another exclusively capitals, another might be a looser more flowing version, another might be the same font but with shadows. I believe that what I found may possibly be one of these "additional fonts" within a family. But, when you selected "Glyphs" nothing was a letter, everything was a "line" of some form. I just wish I'd written it down on that day! Thank you.