Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

Looking for the base font in this THRILLIST logo

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Thse Usna

I've seen this condensed sans serif logo in this logo blog.
I'm looking for the commercial font used as a based in this design.
I've came to find that Tusker Grotesk is somehow similar, but not quite so.
The waistline in the logo is higher and it has a little more contrast (to me).

Can you help me with this one?
Thanks in advance.

481075755_ScreenShot2019-10-08at5_39_39PM.png.d55fe7a8d8c495860b62c56b0858067b.png

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

From what you write, it seems that you think the only customisation made was chopping off parts of |T|L|.

However, changing the waistline height would be a somewhat trivial modification, and compressing horizontally or vertically the letters would automatically alter their contrast.

I think they probably started with one of the many, many versions of Alternate Gothic No 1* out there and customised it to their taste.

A similar ready-made typeface would be Molde:

As a side note, the website uses a condensed width of Graphik from Commercial Type for its headings.

* Most with different names, not to mention the condensed widths of the various Franklin/News/Trade Gothics, among others.

Thse Usna

Riccardo! Thanks a ton for your help. I've certainly knew it was not only the chopped corners, but I wanted to make sure if there was an already high-waste-bold-condensed sans serif where they part of. I'll check those you've mention. Thanks again and have a great day!

PS: There's another font I'm trying to get help with for some time now without any success. Would you mind taking a look? It would be a lot of help. Here's the link:

Thanks once more.

Riccardo Sartori
33 minutes ago, Thse Usna said:

There's another font I'm trying to get help with for some time now

Please open a new thread for it.

Riccardo Sartori
1 hour ago, Thse Usna said:

seems it is on hold

At some point it was posted, and I looked for a match, but between the small sample and the generic-looking typeface, I didn’t find any.

Thse Usna
3 minutes ago, Riccardo Sartori said:

At some point it was posted, and I looked for a match, but between the small sample and the generic-looking typeface, I didn’t find it.

Oh! Ok. I thought there was a problem with the post. But, hey, thanks anyway! Best!