The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Looking for the fonts for these two vintage watches

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

morcheeba

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I would like to know the kinds of fonts, or at the least similar fonts and/or the styles on these two vintage watches, particularly the numbers on the dials. I have tried looking but I couldn't find anything. 

This first one is approximately from the late 1930s to early 1940s. I am interested to know the fonts used for the hours.  

The second one is from the 1960s I'm also very interested to know the fonts used for the hour numbers. 

Both were made in Switzerland. 

Hoping to hear from the community. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.29.12 AM.png

images.jpeg

Kevin Thompson

Seconding Riccardo’s conclusion that these are examples of lettering, not typefaces.

For the second sample, The Fontry’s Excursions Alternate could be easily altered to match your sample (convert the glyphs to outlines in Illustrator or InDesign, and modify the Bezier curves).

Unfortunately, The Fontry’s website is a bit difficult to navigate, but I believe you can purchase the typeface solo (not as part of a larger pack).

• very interesting! 1