Check out our typography channel on Instagram

Font identification needed, from print editions 1935

Go to solution Solved by George Thomas,

Marko

Hi all, 

I was digging thru old Serbian newspapers in the digital library when i noticed this typeface.

I wonder is it a known style or something that might be lost in digital transition. here are some samples i did a screenshot of.

This is a latin, mixed case.

568c1fca6627c_ScreenShot2016-01-04at3.20

Cyrillic caps

568c2027864bf_ScreenShot2016-01-04at6.49

Here is a mixed case cyrillic paragraph.

568c21f2d29c4_ScreenShot2016-01-04at6.58

Let me know if it looks familiar. My knowledge in serif is really basic so it might be a really famous one for all i know. 

Cheers,

Marko.

• Solution
George Thomas

The font is Belwe, originally called Belwe Medium Bold from Schelter & Giesecke, 1926. The font was digitized by Bitstream under the name Belwe Medium.

• Like 1
Marko

Thank you George : )

I had no idea where to start the search. The font is certainly Belwe. I still have more on the topic, but since the font identification is done i will continue  here.