Typography.Guru
Ralf Herrmann

Starting an online archive of type specimens

jayar

I am certainly glad that this project is alive. I have deposited a number of my type specimens at the Pavillon-Presse in Weimar (where Ralf’s equipment is situated), and can donate time for scanning and photographing specimen pages, typing in metadata, etc. Here’s hoping for more posts! 

Ralf Herrmann

Putting this very interesting talk by Stephen Coles here. Fits perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • very interesting! 1

Gecko

Sitting on my desk for the past 25 years is: "Berthold Headlines E3". I'm very old school from the bygone days of metal type. My kids ask me why it says "The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog" many times on every single page. Some things are just difficult to comprehend in this digital age. But if my house was burning down - I'd be running out with this book (and my Bible) under my arm. Printed by-the-way in München (Munich) and Berlin, which was in the West back then Ahahahhhhh. 

Get Erik - the man, to talk to some of the big type houses about sponsoring your project.

• Like 1

Gecko

Enjoyed the video. 

Anna L.

Online Archive.It's a genius idea

Anna L.

What is the progress in this online archive ???  I can also give something from my collections.