Join our community of friends of typography!

What is this quirky Stockings with Care font?

Go to solution Solved by SirWalMarkin,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

This looks very much like a font called ‘Harrington’ — however, taking a closer look, I believe this is a mixture of 2 fonts, possibly with some customisation applied to add weight to the [Harrington] lettering in an attempt to match the serif font used. Harrington is used for letters; S, c, n, s, w, C + r (interestingly, a lowercase ‘c’ has been scaled up to use as a capital letter) while the remaining letters have been set in an as yet unknown serif font; o, k, i, g, t, h, a + e. It's worth noting that the letter ‘t’ is quite unique but also matches the style of the 'h' and 'k' so that might help the search — just as well, as the ‘a’ and ‘e’ look like many of serif fonts I've looked at. Lastly, note that the letter ‘i’ (used twice) don't have dots !? — they may have removed or perhaps a number '1' has been used instead — possibly from a 'small caps and/or old-style figures' case. I hope that shines some light on things.

Harrington.jpg

• very interesting! 1