Typography.Guru
DyerOil

Font on Part

DyerOil    0
DyerOil

I am setting up new type on this part and cannot find a match for this anywhere.  I figure with the Q and the K it would be simple to identify, but I've wasted 2 days on this thing.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks

font sample.png

Ralf Herrmann    469
Ralf Herrmann

As per our forum rules, can you please provide more background information about the sample(s) you provided. 

DyerOil    0
DyerOil

I think the font is from a CAD program. But other than that I don't have much to go on. It was provided to me on a set of technical drawings and I have to re-work some of the text for printing on a part. That is all the background I do have, wish I had more to go on. This is a 15 minute project I now have 2 days of searching invested in. Thanks for the question. 

Ralf Herrmann    469
Ralf Herrmann

Yeah, that’s what I thought. It looks like line-drawing, not a regular outline font (TTF/OTF …). So it’s not surprising you don’t find a match. It might only be available within the specific CAD program that drawing was made.  

Riccardo Sartori    158
Riccardo Sartori

It looks like the monospaced version of Eurostile once produced by Eisner+Flake. But it seems it’s no longer available to purchase.

Ralf Herrmann    469
Ralf Herrmann

Eurostile does exist as CAD font (.shx). 

• clever! 1

DyerOil    0
DyerOil

Thanks for all the help guys.  I was able to cobble some things together and make this project work.  never could find an actual usable font.