The latest typography links delivered straight to your inbox.

Looking for a font used in a few indie webcomics

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Stefont

The source of the image here is from a few comics posted on Reddit (such as this one and others by the same user) around a year ago. I am fairly sure I recall seeing this font from other webcomics and similar media in the past, though.

I've run the attached image through a handful of matching sites like WhatTheFont and FontSquirrel, and tried Identifont as well. I've also Google-searched for cartoon and webcomic fonts, and browsed a few hundred fonts from sites like DaFont in the "cartoon", "comic", and "handwritten" categories, but nothing suitable has surfaced. Finally, I did my best to scrape lists of Windows, Mac OS, and Adobe font sets and was unable to find it.

In said search process, I've been able to find a half-dozen or so fonts that are similar-ish (maybe a 7/10 for similarity), such as "Dash to School", "ChildrenSans", "P22 Bangersfield Demi", "Sunbird Medium", and a few others... Unfortunately, none are close enough to suit my purpose.

I'm mostly after the font name or a link to the font; or, a very similar alternative that might be suitable.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

cmfont.png