Education typography videos. Check out our YouTube channel …

VASARI italian surfaces font

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

• Solution
Riccardo Sartori

Custom, possibly based on a “low waisted” geometric sans (such as Lulo, Vedo, or Montserrat), with the |S| from a Grotesque such as Helvetica Light (in their publications they use Articulat CF, which has a similar |S|).

An off-the-shelf typeface with similar features is SmytheSansDisplay (also available in more weights as alternates in Smythe Sans Pro).

They also use Vonique 43 as a companion typeface.

Greg Yerbury

All the letters except for the S almost directly match Montserrat light with a few lines cut off. Indeed the S looks out of place.

DEZ

Thank You for the replies Riccardo & Greg. It looks like I have falsely assumed the VASARI & italian fonts were the same font in upper & lower. I have just noticed the 2 esses in surfaces are different mas well. I think I will use one of your suggested fonts & get on with reproducing it by hand. Thanks again.

Kevin Thompson

There is no need to recreate it from scratch. Their website includes a downloads section, where you can download a PDF of their brochure.

Open the PDF with Adobe Illustrator, and you can isolate / extract vector logo artwork from it (just did it myself, and it works like a charm).

But I have to ask—if you have a legitimate need for the logo, why not obtain an EPS file directly from the company?

But if you want to do it yourself, Vonique 43 is used for all of “italian surfaces”—as a unicase typeface, all the letters are the same height, so just spell it “Italian Surfaces” to match the original. Greg is right about Montserrat, and the S appears to be another freely available face—Microsoft Yi Baiti.

Gecko
1 hour ago, Kevin Thompson said:

There is no need to recreate it from scratch. Their website includes a downloads section, where you can download a PDF of their brochure.

Open the PDF with Adobe Illustrator, and you can isolate / extract vector logo artwork from it (just did it myself, and it works like a charm).

Kevin is exactly correct. Here is there exact logo extracted from the download pdf on their website:

Vasari Logo.eps

DEZ

Thanks for all the help & advice. I am actually dealing with a company called Stone Ambassador. They have their own logo but also require the VASARI logo on the shirts. I always prefer to not bother customers unless I have to. Anyway, once again, Thanks. DEZ.