The type specimens of the world in one database …

Font New Orleans Police

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

Rumeau Frédéric

After several tests, it's not that this for POLICE. The O are rounder and the bar of E is down. In addition the letters are broader horizontally. 
 An other idea ? 
 I customize cop cars, hence my research.

Ralf Herrmann
22 minutes ago, Rumeau Frédéric said:

An other idea ? 

The differences are probably the result of customizations. Many logos are not just pure typesetting. 

Kevin Thompson

Roslyn was originally a phototypesetting face (it debuted in 1972), and digital versions may vary slightly from the original.

But I didn’t pull that 225% figure out of thin air—I actually tested it before I posted my previous answer.

Here is Roslyn Medium stretched by that percentage:

225_Percent.png.f534980391f3ce75e9f3608aa4a640d3.png

Here it is again, with the E flipped vertically:

225_Percent_E_Flipped.png.7445b87eb38ce52f8726f72755aae2ad.png

And here is the same image as above, colored magenta and overlaid on your original image:

201117537_OVERLAY_voiture-de-police-ahwrdn.jpg.6b38d15d4d5d9d100a42ecc22c0d07cccopy.jpg.6115685c331bf8ba7025adf1f62bf6bd.jpg

A bit more fine-tuning of the letter spacing and scale (plus beefing up the middle and bottom horizontal strokes of the E), and I’d say that is about a good a match as you are going to get.

• Like 1