Jump to content
Check out new and popular MyFonts releases

Looking for this specific font "Government Printing Office"

Recommended Posts


Hi guys,

I found this image and I like the typeface used for "Government Printing Office" and "Record of the public printing". Do you have any idea what is it?

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated!


Link to comment
Mikhail V.

This is a narrow version of classic Latin serif type, often called "old style" generally.
This means it may be one of many many similar typefaces that were widely used in typography over many years.

However I am not an expert in font identification and history, but to my eye it looks similar to the Miller and Richard old style typeface:

For a similar modern digital font I would look at e.g.  "Monotype Old Style", "Caslon Old Face", "New Caslon", "Jenson Text" etc.


  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our partners

Discover the fonts from the Germany foundry FDI Type. A brand of Schriftkontor Ralf Herrmann.
The largest selection of professional fonts for any project. Over 130,000 available fonts, and counting.
Font Licensing Made Easy.
Discover the Best Deals for Freelance Designers.
Great Design Assets Just Got Affordable.
Curated quality fonts from I Love Typography.
Watch our video course about font licensing.
  • Create New...

🍪 Important Information:

This website uses functional cookies.