The type specimens of the world in one database …

Looking for this font name which is used in our business cards

Go to solution Solved by Kevin Thompson,

BLMIke

The original designer of our business cards lost all of her files from a computer crash and doesn't remember a particular font she used.  All I have is a flattened PDF with curves only.  I have tried many online options to identify the font but it always only gets close.  For example, the letters would look good but then the numbers didn't.  I need to find this font as we are adding a new person and I would really like to keep the same look.  She thought is was an Avenir and the letters do work, but not the numbers.  Any help would be appreciated.  She is trying to see if she can figure it out too, but figured I would ask here.  Thank you for your time.

Font.jpg

Ralf Herrmann

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately it doesn’t comply with our rules and therefore cannot be published yet. 

Problem of this topic:

• The required information about the source of the font samples were not given or insufficient.

If you are still unsure about posting a proper font ID request, check out this FAQ page:
https://typography.guru/font-id-forum-rules-and-faq/

BLMIke

Ralf,

Do I make a new post or edit the original?  Obviously, I have all the info you are looking for because it is my company business cards that I am trying to find the font for.  it should be a commercially available font that my designer used.  I was hoping not to give too much info in worries I would be spammed a lot.  Would just giving my company name and saying the cards were created in 2020 be sufficient?

BLMIke

Thank you Ralf for your input and direction.

This is for my company's business cards.  Company is Wunder Lighting & Controls.  Business cards were created in 2020.  The typeface above was copied from the flattened PDFs I have for our business cards but there is no font info.  Again, my designer is looking too, but wanted to have a backup plan given my search with "what font" type searches turned up fonts that were close but mostly missed on the numbers styling.  I am looking for a digital version of this (commercial or free) so I can make a new card for our new hire.

• Solution
Kevin Thompson

Your business cards seem to be set in Pier Sans Regular, by PangramPangram Foundry.

The commercial version currently available from the foundry is slightly different from your sample (note the lack of an overshoot on the horizontal stroke of the 4 on your card)—my guess is that the original designer used an earlier release of the typeface (it debuted in 2015, and has been updated since).

BLMIke

Thank you for this info.  I was also looking at Pier Sans but the 4 wasn't the same and also 2, lower case y and g looked different too, so moved on.  I appreciate your input greatly and will move forward with this newer version as it is really close to the original.

Kevin Thompson

If you contact the foundry, explained the situation, and shared the graphic above with them, they may be willing to sell you the earlier version (no guarantee, but it might be worth a try).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...