Check out our exclusive articles, videos and font downloads on Patreon!

Looking for the font used in the film trailer of the 1992 movie "Sneakers"

Go to solution Solved by Riccardo Sartori,

Film trailer can be found on Youtube with the letters seen at the 0:49 mark (video and screenshot embedded). I already went through the usual type ID tools but couldn't find any match. It's in the similar style as other typefaces such as Countdown, Data 70, Computer and Microchip.

549561812_ScreenShot2022-09-14at2_30_54PM.thumb.png.cb69cad873cdcbb1b1cb0f8c867e4958.png

I cannot find anything similar, but the font almost looks like two styles overlap. Notice the bottom part looks like it's appended to the upper font. Then probably merged manually, or it's edited per pixel manually to begin with. After that with bilinear upscaling you'll get the slightly blurred version. At least that's my estimation.

• Like 1

This “big boots” computer style was very common for a time

But it’s hard to say if there is a vector font version of the font in question. Could also be custom for the movie or a phototypesetting or bitmap font that is not available anymore. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 6:25 AM, MissNobody said:

I cannot find anything similar, but the font almost looks like two styles overlap. Notice the bottom part looks like it's appended to the upper font. Then probably merged manually, or it's edited per pixel manually to begin with. After that with bilinear upscaling you'll get the slightly blurred version. At least that's my estimation.

I can't unsee this now. So true!